To make a Vesper Martini, you will need the following ingredients:
- 50ml gin
- 15ml vodka
- 5ml Lillet Blanc
- Lemon peel (for garnish)
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add the gin, vodka, and Lillet Blanc to the shaker.
- Shake well to combine.
- Strain the mixture into a chilled cocktail glass.
- Garnish with a lemon peel and serve.
- You can also use a different type of gin or vodka for a different flavor profile.
- To make a frozen Vesper Martini, blend the ingredients with ice for a slushie-like texture.
I hope you enjoy your Vesper Martini! Let me know if you have any questions.
The Vesper Martini is a classic cocktail that was created by Ian Fleming, the author of the James Bond novels. The Vesper Martini made its first appearance in Fleming’s 1953 novel Casino Royale, and it has been a popular cocktail ever since.
In the novel, Bond describes the Vesper Martini as follows: “Three measures of Gordon’s, one of vodka, half a measure of Kina Lillet. Shake it very well until it’s ice-cold, then add a large thin slice of lemon-peel. Got it?” The Vesper Martini quickly became popular with James Bond fans and cocktail enthusiasts, and it remains a classic cocktail today.
The Vesper Martini is made with gin, vodka, and Lillet Blanc, which is a type of French aperitif wine. It is typically served in a chilled cocktail glass and garnished with a lemon peel. The combination of gin, vodka, and Lillet Blanc creates a smooth, complex drink that is perfect for sipping on a warm summer evening.
Here are 10 gins that would be great choices for a Vesper Martini:
- Gordon’s: This is a widely available, affordable gin that has a classic, juniper-forward flavour.
- Bombay Sapphire: This is a widely available, premium gin that has a smooth, refined flavour.
- Tanqueray: This is a widely available, affordable gin that has a classic, juniper-forward flavour.
- Beefeater: This is a widely available, affordable gin that has a classic, juniper-forward flavour.
- Hendrick’s: This is a premium gin that is made with cucumber and rose petals and has a unique, floral flavour.
- The Botanist: This is a premium gin that is made with a variety of botanicals and has a complex, aromatic flavour.
- Martin Miller’s: This is a premium gin that is made with Icelandic water and has a smooth, refined flavor.
- Plymouth: This is a premium gin that has a smooth, balanced flavor and is considered one of the best gins for cocktails.
- Caorunn Gin: This is a small-batch Scottish craft gin that has a smooth, balanced flavour.
- Aviation Gin: This is a craft gin that has a smooth, juniper-forward flavor.
Any of these gins would be a good choice for a Vesper Martini. Choose one that you enjoy and that fits your budget. It’s also worth noting that the original Vesper Martini called for Gordon’s gin, so you might want to try using that for a more authentic version of the cocktail.