To make a Dark and Stormy cocktail, you will need the following ingredients:
- 50ml dark rum
- 200ml ginger beer
- 25ml fresh lime juice
- Lime wedge (for garnish)
- Fill a highball glass with ice.
- Pour the dark rum, ginger beer, and lime juice into the glass.
- Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a lime wedge and serve.
The Dark and Stormy cocktail is a classic drink that is traditionally made with dark rum and ginger beer. It is believed to have originated in Bermuda, where it is the national drink. The cocktail gets its name from the combination of dark rum and the cloudy, stormy appearance of the ginger beer.
The exact origins of the Dark and Stormy are not clear, but it is believed to have been created in the early 20th century. The drink became popular in the United States in the 1980s and has since become a classic cocktail that is enjoyed around the world.
In addition to dark rum and ginger beer, the Dark and Stormy typically includes a splash of fresh lime juice to add a bit of acidity and balance the sweetness of the ginger beer. It is a refreshing, easy-to-make cocktail that is perfect for sipping on a hot summer day.
Here are a few variations of the Dark and Stormy cocktail that you can try:
- Spicy Dark and Stormy: Add a pinch of chili powder or a few drops of hot sauce to the glass for a spicy kick.
- Fruity Dark and Stormy: Add a splash of fruit juice, such as orange or pineapple, to the glass for a fruity twist.
- Herbal Dark and Stormy: Add a sprig of fresh herbs, such as basil or mint, to the glass for a fresh, aromatic flavor.
- Frozen Dark and Stormy: Blend the ingredients with ice for a frozen, slushie-like texture.
- Dark and Stormy mule: Use ginger ale instead of ginger beer for a sweeter, less spicy flavor.
- Dark and Stormy sour: Add an egg white to the glass for a frothy, sour-style Dark and Stormy.
- Dark and Stormy mojito: Add a handful of fresh mint leaves and a splash of simple syrup to the glass for a mojito-like twist.
I hope these ideas give you some inspiration for experimenting with different flavors in your Dark and Stormy cocktails. Enjoy!