To make a Cosmopolitan cocktail, you will need the following ingredients:
- 50ml vodka
- 15ml Cointreau or triple sec
- 5ml lime juice
- 15ml cranberry juice
- Orange peel or cranberries for garnish (optional)
- Fill a shaker with ice.
- Add the vodka, Cointreau or triple sec, lime juice, and cranberry juice to the shaker.
- Shake the ingredients well until chilled, about 20 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a chilled glass.
- Garnish with an orange peel or cranberries, if desired.
Note: You can also use a blender to mix the ingredients if you prefer a frozen Cosmopolitan. Just blend all the ingredients with a cup of ice until smooth and pour into a glass. Enjoy!
The exact origins of the Cosmopolitan cocktail are unclear, but it is believed to have originated in the 1980s in South Beach, Florida. It became popular in the 1990s, thanks in part to its frequent portrayal in the television show “Sex and the City.”
The classic Cosmopolitan cocktail is made with vodka, Cointreau or triple sec, lime juice, and cranberry juice. It is typically served in a cocktail glass and garnished with an orange peel or cranberries.
There are a few different stories about the creation of the Cosmopolitan cocktail. Some say it was created by a bartender named Cheryl Cook in South Beach in the 1980s. Others claim that it was invented by a bartender in San Francisco in the 1970s. Regardless of its exact origins, the Cosmopolitan has become a popular cocktail enjoyed by many people around the world.