Midori is a bright green melon-flavored liqueur that was introduced in 1978 by Suntory, a Japanese spirits company. It is made from muskmelon, a type of melon that is grown in the Yubari region of Japan. Midori was initially developed as a liqueur that could be used to make cocktails, and it quickly became popular in the United States and other parts of the world. Today, Midori is known for its sweet, fruity flavor and its bright green color, which makes it a popular choice for cocktails and other mixed drinks. In addition to being enjoyed on its own or in cocktails, Midori is also sometimes used as a flavor component in desserts and other food dishes.
Here are the top 10 Midori cocktails, according to popularity and widespread use:
- Midori Splice: This tropical cocktail is made with Midori, coconut milk, and pineapple juice, and is typically served over ice.
- Midori Sour: This classic cocktail is made with Midori, lemon juice, and simple syrup, and is typically shaken and served up.
- Midori Margarita: This twist on the classic margarita combines Midori with tequila, lime juice, and orange liqueur.
- Midori Colada: A tropical twist on the Piña Colada, this cocktail is made with Midori, coconut milk, pineapple juice, and white rum.
- Midori Mule: This spicy cocktail combines Midori with vodka, ginger beer, and lime juice.
- Midori Lemonade: A refreshing summertime drink, this cocktail is made with Midori, lemonade, and a splash of soda water.
- Midori Mojito: A refreshing and minty twist on the classic Mojito, this cocktail is made with Midori, white rum, lime juice, mint, and soda water.
- Midori Fizz: This fizzy cocktail is made with Midori, lemon juice, simple syrup, and club soda.
- Midori Sour Punch: This sweet and sour cocktail is made with Midori, lemon juice, simple syrup, and grenadine.
- Midori Daiquiri: A fruity twist on the classic Daiquiri, this cocktail is made with Midori, white rum, lime juice, and simple syrup.
These are just a few examples of popular Midori cocktails, and there are many other variations and combinations that you can try.